CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 25, 2006

"I'd rather be dreaming..."

This morning, I woke up in the most amazing dream. I had driven back to Minnesota and stayed there for a couple days, and my mom and Rob had arranged for me to get a ride back with one of their friends that had a semi but it was closer in size to a bigger motor home with all the stuff taken out inside. I rode back with him on the same road I drove there, (much, much different from the actual road), but this time it was different. The scenery was absolutely astonishing. The trees had white barks but brilliantly colored leaves. Leaves of yellow, red, orange, purple, green. It wasn't far from the truth, but their shape and intensity of color were much different. There was this one tree that looked like a giant flower almost, it had leaves that were the size of small cars, and they had strategic holes in them, and they would open and close in the shape of a flower. On the other side of the road were mountains of all different shapes and colors, there were really tall, skinny trees behind the mountains, so tall, I couldn't see the tops. There was also a house being built in the middle of a swamp. The house was going to be huge, but it was right on a swamp... The house was Tyveked in some parts, and a skeleton in others.

What is strangest to me is how can my brain create these images that I have never seen? How in the world does it create a gigantic tree that opens and closes in a color scheme that are impossible for me to even recreate now? To me, the brain is so amazing. When I was studying it in A&P, I thought it to be neat how we can look at every other organ in our body and see and imagine how it works, but the brain is just one mass with folds, creases, and 2 different matters. I know they say it is electrical and chemical triggers, but how in the world do they work? Even the Na/K pump can be seen, and it is an electrical pump... Anyways, it just amazes me, and I can't understand it, and I don't know if anyone really does. They have theories and ideas, but nothing absolutely certain. And that whole garbage about losing brain cells is b.s. because your brain is so plastic, it can find ways to recover. Granted there are extreme cases, but if you are smart about it, your brain will continue to work just fine if not better. FYI, we read about a girl who lost half of her brain when she was young, but to this day, she still functions exactly like a person with a whole brain.

No comments: