CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 13, 2006

When I grow up

This may be a bit of a pipe dream, but this is how most of my ideas start out, and it isn't that unrealistic. Since I am a nursing student, I really want to go to these countries that the U.S. has ruthlessly invaded and destroyed and help the people that were hurt by their actions. The U.S. military obviously doesn't give a shit, other wise they would have already done something. I know that what the 'insurgents' are doing in retaliation of U.S. forces isn't right and our soldiers are only looking out for their best interest, but that doesn't mean innocent lives should suffer. I am sick of seeing these images of people in hospitals (if you can even call them that) laying on a bed waiting to die without any compassion. Isn't ones life supposed to be filled with love and care even up to their death, if not especially so? I have found something that I can do. It does seem a bit unrealistic just because of the current political/military situations, but this is really what I want to do. I don't want to stay here changing Depends. I don't want to become a 'lifer' right out of college. Damn it, I want to do something productive. I want to help people who truly need it. I want to become Mother Ashlee. (Minus all of that religious affiliation garbage.)


OKAY, after finding out some more information, I learned that we do actually help some of the civilians and even insurgents. Kudos to the military. I apologize for being ignorant.

No comments: