CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 20, 2007

April twentieth, two thousand and seven

I always think of elaborate posts I want to create, and find myself forgetting once I finally get to my computer. I know I wanted to comment on my ER rotation, it was a blast! I actually felt like a nurse in training rather than a peon. I got to give three shots, two of subcutaneous epinephrine. (One of the nurses on shift said I would be the coolest student, because it is a rare circumstance that you get to give sub-q epi)....I'm still waiting for that coolness to set in. Definitely did not help me on my return demonstration.

...Which I failed. Not entirely, but pretty much. I felt like a failure and being an overacheiving perfectionist, failing just doesn't go over well with me. I was miserable the rest of the day, I even got to the point where I was thinking what else I would do if I wasn't able to be a nurse. I was going to try and end the day on a postitive note, I was going to get dollar sushi and play in a pool tournament.

However it was turning into one of those days when nothing goes right. I left my house at 5, thinking that an hour and a half would be plenty of time to get across town, eat some sushi, and get back in time. BIG MISTAKE!! Traffic was insane and it took me 45 minutes just to get across town. Don't ask why I didn't just take the interstate, because I honestly didn't think it was that bad at first. Once I finally got to Nara, it was packed, and I didn't think I would get served in time. So, I left for the tourney, which turned out to be cancelled. And I had eaten a crappy tuna sandwhich thinking that I would be in a tournament for a long time. Anyways, I got some sushi from the GFS, and I felt better until I realized that it was 8 on an essentially Friday night, and I was playing solitaire on my ipod, alone, waiting for it to be time that I could go to bed. Talk about lame. I ended up doing some of my dishes that had been accumulating from the previous clinical week. FUN FUN!!

On a definitely more positive note, I've found some awesome podcasts. One, Acoustic Long Island, has introduced me to many new upncoming artists that are very talented. If you're ambitious, check out John Flor, Stephanie Smith, and Debra Fotheringham on myspace. They all have CD's and are amazing. (I do plan on getting some CD's once I find myself richer).

I'm getting more excited to go to Minnesota. Emily called me this morning to tell me that Tool is coming to St.Paul on 6-26-07, and that tickets go on sale tomorrow. Haley Bonar has a show on May 31st in Minneapolis, and another there in July. Looks like the one in July is an outdoor festival... hmmm : )

No comments: