CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

One of the most beautiful places ever...

Lately, over the break, I have been devouring an extremely unhealthy amount of movies. Particularly whatever I can find on Starz and Encore, and I've been sticking mostly to comedy and drama. These movies have been shot in some incredibly beautiful places... take After the Sunset for example... shot in the Bahamas, the characters' beautiful house sits right on the most gorgeous beach with the most incredible view of the sunset. Few things make me jealous, but this is definitely one of those things. I wish I could have been there...I wish I could be there. But I guess I have to realize the beauty that I have had a chance to see for my own and remember that I was there, and I can be there again.

It was about a year and a half ago, and I went to Ensenada for the second time. The first a year earlier (which was also wonderful). Ensenada is absolutely paradise. Except for the fact that you can't swim in the ocean because sewage from San Diego and Cali supposedly is emptied into the water and you are pretty much swimming in crap, I think they also said something about undertows too. (Seriously, it was mostly because of the undertows.) There were other things that bothered me about the place, but that is not the point of this post. In Ensenada there are very many beautiful touristy places mainly hotels and restaurants. There is this one restaurant that is particluarly magnificent. I think it is called Mar Azul. I was with my dad and a lot of people that he races with (the reason we were down there). The whole restaurant was cozy...the kind you dream of being taken to for a special evening... an excellent mariachi band was quietly playing in the background. They sat us at their biggest table with the most comfortable chairs i've ever sat in at a restaurant. The best part was the room that our table was in was right on the water. It was practically floating above the rythmic waves splashing on the rocks below. Windows were all around us. It was dusk and the sun was going to set and, we were getting settled in for our dinner and several rounds of drinks (pina coladas for me). I felt so free and unwound. A firecracker could have exploded next to my head and I wouldn't have flinched. I was trapped by the beauty of the massive ocean and brilliant sun setting ever so gently upon it. I may have partially felt this way because of the pina colada (or four). But even writing about it now, I can picture it perfectly in my mind and it brings me peace. I'm no longer jealous. From this I have realized that beauty is almost every where you look; even though sometimes you have to look hard, it is always well worth it.

No comments: