CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 06, 2006

Parents; Why don't we get a manual?

My dad is constantly on my case about anything. I am a good student, don't do drugs, hardly ever drink, I don't have a job, but it isn't like I'm afraid to work...actually I take that back, I do have a job, but I only work about four hours a month. However, I am a procrastinator. I have sent christmas gifts late (even though the post office told me it would get there in time). And that folks, is my big sin. I know my opinion about this, he should be happy just to get something from a broke ass college student. He returned the presents I sent him to me, and refuses to talk to me. WHAT A JACK! Everything that he has ever gotten me has been useless to me. (Even though I had asked for something much more important.)

For instance my truck, a-waiting-to-die-S-10, wanted ever so badly to be driven off a cliff in Southern Montana. My dad has known about my truck and how I needed a new vehicle for a year. So, he promised me that he would find me another vehicle. I sent him info about the most appropriate vehicle able to withstand and safely drive in a foot of fresh snow. (Pretty much an all wheel drive Subuaru Outback.) What does he do? Buys me a 1996 Corvette, and brings it to me during the end of March, beginning of April. Oh and guess what happens a week later... It snows! Big surprise there. But, before he leaves, he tells me that if I don't like it, I can do whatever I want with it. He said, if I can sell it, go right ahead. Exact words. So, I figured with the 15K from the Corvette, I could afford to buy a nice Outback. Plus, have a ton of cash left over (I wanted to start investing now.) Well, he wasn't up for that idea. (He changes his mind as much as I do.) He told me that he would sell it and find me a better car.

Well, it has been 9 months, and when I bring it up, he says he doesn't have any money right now, because he has decided to keep the car for himself as yet another toy. This wouldn't upset me so much if he fulfilled other parental responsibilities, but he doesn't have to pay for anything of mine. I know I'm whining about this, and if I were to be resoponsible about it, I would just get a better job, save up money, and buy my own. But, this to me is a very unrealistic idea, as I couldn't afford to save money and still try to make ends meet. Seriously, am I acting like a selfish brat? Or is he?

At least my mom has come to my rescue. Over the break she gave me her 89 Jeep Cherokee, and for that I am very thankful. My mom has always been there when my dad is a jerk. I unconditionally love my mom and am proud of everything that she has overcome.

No comments: